Choosing the right equipment for a food truck can be overwhelming, especially for new food truck business owners. But it doesn’t need to be. When you have a reliable food truck builder on your side, they can help you select and purchase the right equipment for your menu items.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of selecting equipment for your mobile kitchen.
What Is Essential Equipment for a Food Truck?
Your mobile kitchen needs to have all the equipment necessary to prepare your menu items and perform basic day-to-day functions. Most food truck kitchen equipment will typically fall into one of the following categories:
- Cooking equipment
- Preparing food supplies
- Food warming
- Complimentary supplies
- Low-temperature equipment
- Cleaning supplies
Food Truck Cooking Equipment
For hot, fresh-cooked menu items, having the right cooking equipment is essential. The exact appliances you need will depend on the meals you will be preparing. Some of cooking equipment options include:
- Griddle: With griddle appliances, you’ll be able to cook everyday food items like eggs, sandwiches, and vegetables.
- Charbroiler: This equipment helps you cook your food much faster and with added food flavor.
- Microwave: Microwaves can be used for warming and heating various types of food.
For pre-cooked menu items, you will need to keep them warm prior to serving. Food warmers help keep the standard heat and eliminate food-borne related illnesses. The appliances given below will help maintain optimal temperatures for the food cooked;
- Fry Dump Station: The purpose of this appliance is to maintain the warmth of your fries once cooked.
- Soup Warmers: Also known as the kettles, they maintain the hotness of soups throughout until served.
Appliances for Preparing Meals
These appliances include the items you’ll use to ensure food supplies are ready before the cooking begins. They include;
- Cutting boards: You’ll use cutting boards to chop, slice or dice your supplies.
- Knives: Knives assist you in cutting food supplies to the required sizes and shapes.
- Thermometers: Use these appliances to ensure the food is thoroughly cooked.
- Blenders: Having a blender in your truck will help you prepare foods like; salsa and smoothies.
These are the supplies required to serve food to your customers. They include;
- Utensils: You’ll need utensils such as plates, spoons, and tongs, among others, to serve food to your customers.
- Spice shakers: These items assist your customers in adding more spices to their food.
- Gloves: Disposable gloves ensure that food handling is hygienic.
Refrigeration appliances that control temperatures help keep the food items fresh for a long time. You can have food-specific appliances for different products. For instance, you can have a beverage-dedicated appliance and a different one for the main foods.
Just like any other kitchen, food trucks need to be cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis. Some of the essential cleaning supplies you will want to have on-hand include pressure washers, hand sinks, sanitizing chemicals, and trash receptacles.
Let Legion Help You Select the Ideal Equipment for Your Food Truck Business
Selecting the right food truck equipment can be all you need to begin a successful mobile food business. Use our own online food truck builder or contact us today to learn how we can help customize your food truck according to your customer’s needs.